The Beginning of the end, really.

My Family has been on at me to start writing a blog for ages. My dad is convinced that this is how I am going to get rich! They believe that although I don't have the mathematical brilliance of my CA brother, the impeccable planning skills of my sister or the sporting talent of my boyfriend, I do indeed have a talent for two things: Writing and having an opinion.

So, in order to humour my family as well as explore my own curiosity for writing down my thoughts, ideas and general ramblings ( hence the name), I decided to try out my own blog and see how it goes. If it goes well, then I will probably talk and write even more than I do on a daily basis- which could indeed lead to disaster. Should it go poorly, then no matter. At least my head will be slightly less chaotic having extradited some of the many thoughts, questions and opinions that I have going on in my internal dialogue with no one in particular.

Today I am faced with the 'Monday Blues' on steroids. It is freezing in Cape Town, where I sit in front of two laptop computers trying to do my job. Intermittent rain either belts down or simply makes womens' hairstyles a little more soggy. Someone very dear to me, who has been living with me for the past 8 months has had to leave on a six month business trip and I am faced with dealing with the notorious Cape Town winter alone. Thank God that we are over the winter solstice right? Each day can only get longer from here. I will continue my habbit of wearing slops in winter as I will summer back into my life! It works and I won't hear any different from anyone.

I should probably clarify why I have chosen to call my blog 'The Pocket Rambler'. 'The Rambler' seemed too negative, although it definitely denotes what I do on many occasions. But, by being a 'Pocket Rambler', it makes it more cute. Someone who you know has flaws (rambling) but who you still like so much that you would like to carry them around in your pocket.

I don't know- it made sense at the time. And I don't know how to change it now so you'll just have to accept it...is that ok?

Now that I have started, I am positive that there is more to come. But for now, I think that it is indeed time to get back to work, albeit watching people walk past my window in the rain, talking and cursing winter as they go. What fun.

Comments

  1. Great start Mouse. I like the title. Only commnt I have is that your CA brother is very far from brillent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, think I disagree with that somewhat! He's pretty damn good at what he does...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So are you, Mands - keep it going!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts