Traveling

Just a quick one while I sit at the airport and sip some coffee before I board my plain homeward bound. (Yes- I have taken leave and am due for a little weekend away, a wedding, some family time and some fresh mountain air- SAWEET!)

I am always fascinated by all the people one may find at an airport. It's like a hospital or shopping centre- a place where most people in their life will have to visit in order to fulfill some form of normal behavior. Here you will witness all walks of life: Rich, poor, nervous, drunk and the fragile of mind.

 I love how people dress when they fly- especially domestic flights- in tracksuits and big baggy clothing. I love how people guard their bags with their lives. I love how the whole process of checking bags, moving through the metal detecter and taking out a laptop is so foreign to some people.

I love how buying coffee and a milkshake for the whole family is a treat at the airport. I love the cheesy coffee-shop music. I LOVE the comfy couch I am sitting on right now-it makes the waiting so much less painful. I love the bright lights and the fact that everyone is in the same little traveling world.

I love the procedure and the rigmarole. I love the uniforms, the high-heeled shoes clicking along the tiles. I love the sense that the airport is something so much bigger than all of us. I love the fact that there is so much going on behind the scenes, that no one even realizes. I love the three pings that announce the first boarding call. I love the incremental frustration that you can hear in the announcer's voice when calling for a late-comer.

And with that- I must get onto my plain and fly away.

Love and Grartitude x

Comments

Popular Posts