Sometimes other people make me feel sad...

... and Nasty. Jealousy makes you nasty. And sometime I am very jealous of how other people write.

I'm sure it's the same type of sadness that an ugly person feels when they see a happy, pretty person. Or the same type of blue-colour that people who can't run fast turn when they watch the Olympics.

Maybe it's the same feeling that abandoned, stray dogs get when they see fluffy, cute puppies walk past with their owners. Or the weak neck muscles that people with short legs experience when they hang their heads with sadness while a long-legged beauty strides past.

I don't know...maybe it's like being an onion when all you want to be is a peach. Or like being a map book  when all you want to be is part of Goole-maps. Maybe it's like being a role of film that has been forgotten at the camera shop when all the other photos have been instantly (digitally) downloaded and added to the 'interweb'.

It's a sad feeling. A blue feeling. A little niggle in the heart.

It's that little voice that says "I know. It's tough. You aren't that good.You might have been forgotten. Try harder. You could get there".

When I grow up, I want to be a big blog...with lots of people who turn to me when they need a pick-me-up at 4:00pm. When I grow up, I want to be a blog that other people talk about...maybe even a blog that wins some awards.

Maybe I mustn't be jealous. Maybe I just need to dedicate some more TLC and time to my writing. That might be the thought for the day.

Love and Gratitude x

Comments

Popular Posts