Photography: Slanghoek Triathlon

I spent a vibrant Saturday at the foot of the Slanghoek mountains cheering on the Ironman. He did amazingly well: 3rd out of the water, 2nd out of T1, top 10 out of T2 and top 20 overall.

I am incredibly proud!

I love these trips to sporting events because I get to practice taking photos. What better way to learn than put yourself under pressure to get a few good shots of a moving target.

I think the collections speaks for itself... I have posted lots in sequence because I think it adds to the movement of the stills. The Ironman is an awesome subject to shoot- the intensity and the emphasis he puts in is tangible - I really didn't need to do much other than to press the shutter closed.








I'm starting a new game: At every Tri that I shoot, I'm going to play "where's Wally"...



Chilly start


3rd out of the water


Second out of T1



Hot as Toast!






Top Ten out of T2






Spotted in the vineyards...

...And looking strong!




Tried to hide in the vines but he spotted my camouflage. 



Strong finish

...and finished in the top 20. 


Love and Gratitude xx

Comments

  1. Great pics Mands, I love them - and am super proud of my little brother! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! He's doing so well. The picture of dedication... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts