Weekend in words and pictures

Ironman quietly asked, while folding up washing yesterday afternoon, if it was bad for him to be looking forward to cold, early morning runs and winter weather. That was met with a resounding 'No' from the kitchen where I was preparing a summer salad for lunch, in my bikini having just been doing chores outside, and washing the Big Ginger Beast (Basil, my horse- in case you're lost) in the heat of Sunday afternoon.

We eeked out a blissful weekend by easing into Friday evening at F1 and F2's house. Super 12, 13, 14, 15, 16... has started again, which means that we're in for a solid 6 months of steak, wors and salad- washed down with many a glass of sparkling wine while watching Rugby. F2 and I talked about interesting things; Like the upcoming Design Indaba where she will be showcasing her amazing clothes (check them out here and here) and how to be kind to her wedding budget. F1 and Ironman talked about (and these may or may not be direct quotes) "Spies asdgha;lkhga'fásdkga on the back line" and "Shit! I'm only on 25% conversions on SuperBru" etc. Etc. Etc.

Saturday morning was spent testing my body for my upcoming (and first) Triathlon. I got a few confused stares as I ran around the gym, changing into the various outfits for each discipline . The rest was a test of mental endurance, as I had never really done three disciplines one after the other. I, once again, reaffirmed my belief that I am not a runner and spent the rest of the afternoon on my bed checking out the back-side of my eye-lids. It was fun though. I'm looking forward to the actual race.

The rest of the weekend was spent with friends at Dinner Club (no explanation needed), and lazing around the house, catching up on chores and spending some much-needed bonding time with my Equine Pet.








Autumn is coming far too fast. Soon, we will replace bikinis with skinny jeans and jumpers, and we'll be eating soup instead of salad. I'll be savouring every last bit of this year's summer. I hope you will too.

Love and Gratitude

xx

Comments

Popular Posts