Amazon.co.uk love

It's Friday. It's been a long week with many ups and downs. There's not much to celebrate from this week. More stuff to 'accept'. 

Cue: Amazon.co.uk. 


I ordered two books off their website late last year. I opted against paying for a tracking number. Dumb. Thinking ahead, I put my company's address as the delivery address so that I could collect the books during working hours. Not thinking ahead, I forgot to mention which building I was in. My own fault. 

It's February 10th and I suddenly caught onto the fact that my package hadn't arrived. Not even a notification from somewhere that it was waiting for me. Having not paid for a tracking number, I couldn't place the blame on Amazon. Trying my luck, I phoned the closest post-office to see if they could track down my parcel from months ago. Greeted with a frosty reply, and a dead-end at not having a tracking number, I logged onto the Amazon.co.uk website and sent a mail to see how they could help me. 

Remember: It was my fault that I didn't pay for tracking numbers, and my fault that I didn't reference the correct address. 

Within an hour I had received a personal email apologising for the mistake (!) and a note to say that they had dispatched a new copy of the one book already, for free. They apologised again that they didn't have the other book in stock, so they sent through a credit note for that amount. In reply to that email (after thanking them profusely for the great service), I asked if they could rather just credit me back from both books (cheeky, I know) so that I could spend the money on two other books from Amazon. Blow me down, three minutes later I had a second credit note. And a huge smile on my face. 

In the midst of such shocking customer service recently, this was truly a breath of fresh air, and a surprise. 
With that level of attention to detail, I am happy to recommend Amazon.co.uk to others. If they mess up (hell, if you mess up), they will cover the shortfall. 

Great customer service. It will keep me coming back. 

Very grateful. 

Love and Gratitude

xx

Comments

Popular Posts