Photography :: Part Three - Sublime last evening at Wellesley

After the excitement of new-year's eve and seeing Ironman's other family from the shores of Australia (photos of them to come in the next few days), I relished a final evening at Mbona before packing and flying back to beautiful Cape Town. The universe offered up one of the most idilic evenings, and I welcomed it with open arms. I hopped on my bike and doddled around the estate, ending off the ride with a crystal clear swim in the lake. With nothing to do and no-one to please, I lay in the middle of the lake on the pontoon and soaked up the silence and the evening light. I reflected on a wonderful time at home, and oozed gratitude for everything that I am lucky enough to experience and call my own.

On my ride back up to the house, I couldn't resist snapping a few photos of the setting sun to make my twitter followers jealous! And then the photographer in me started itching and I raced home to fetch my camera, lenses and my dogs for a last-minute photography excursion to capture the buttery evening light.


















My old boy, Mid-thirties. 









I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude for this amazing place yesterday evening. I can't wait to pack my bags and come back home. 

Love and gratitude

xx

Comments

Popular Posts