#PlettRelease

My skin is still feeling the faint afterglow of a beautifully slow weekend in Plett. 

Ironman, F1, F2 and I planned to get into a car with a Basset Hound and a Sausage Dog and drive over the mountains to find some release from our everyday stresses and strains. We set out, after much anticipation, on a mundane Thursday afternoon from Cape Town and woke up in rainy, sleepy town to prospects of lazy mornings and boozy lunches- with a walk or two to pretend to work off all the food. 

I'll refrain from writing a travel piece. But the truth be told, I would like to relay almost every minute of our trip so that I don't forget it in a hurry. 

We didn't do anything of great importance. But the lack of great importance was what made the holiday so special. I got to spend some precious time  with three of my favourite people (and F2's wonderful parents), just doing the things that we love doing- most of which was eating, drinking, walking on the beach, hiking on a mountain and spending time doing nothing. 

I shoved my camera in every one's face all weekend, so will get to editing those soon. But for now, I'll leave you with a few paused memories... most of all to remind me of how I left a piece of my heart in a small beach town. 

Waking up to white
Slowest lunch in the world. Both in a good and a bad sense
Afternoon sun on our backs
The Russ - Best cocktail I have ever had
The house reminded me so much of my own, which made me feel that much more at home
Wine
mandoglove
Winslet
Russ' bar evoking funny faces and sorrowful stares
Throwing sticks
Clearing the head
Happy Basset
Three favourite people
#BeerRelease at The Deck
Feeding the hunger after a Robberg walk at Bramon
Tatty Hat
Wild Beauty 




Love,  and much Gratitude, to F1 and F2 for a release from the mundane and a touch of what life should be like every day. We look forward to many more weekends like this 

xxx

Comments

Popular Posts