Photographic Feast: Vintage Festival, Franschoek

I'm on a mission this year to immerse myself in situations where I can't help but click away with my Camera. This weekend, My Bestie and I took a drive to Franschoek on a day where the air was made of champagne bubbles and the light was like candyfloss.

I was truly expecting a glorified garage sale: Old, dusty, mismatched items on display. What I got was a delightful day out with a glass of champagne, an old friend and the crisp Franschoek winter air on the Simondium Country Lodge Estate.

I really tried to focus on the textures and layers of all the items on display. The optical feast of colours and vintage pieces - canvas layered onto woven basket draped with netting and lace - is something that I hope will be evident. I really didn't do much to these photographs after wards as the light perfectly suited the vibe and everything was annoyingly complimentary. Just kidding - it was perfect - less work for me.

Lastly, I have been playing around with the depth of my photos. I wanted to try and showcase the depth of the backgrounds and the intrinsic details of things in the foreground.

Put on some French music and whisk yourself off to this magical festival of pure vintage -indulgence.

PS: I took a stroll on the Hout Bay beach as well this weekend. That was magical too.






























 
 



Love and Gratitude

xx

Comments

Popular Posts